The Anglican Ordinariate in the U.K., in full communion with the Pope, revealed their new mass yesterday. One of the best things about the new mass is that it includes elements of the Tridentine Mass, as a new article on the Ordinariate’s website notes “[t]raditional elements of the Roman Rite such as the Last Gospel and the preparatory Prayers at the Foot of the Altar, options within the Ordinariate Use, were also included.” This great news to anyone who is a lover of liturgical tradition and wishes to see more of a continuity between the masses celebrated today and masses celebrated prior to the Second Vatican Council. Perhaps the new mass of the Ordinariate will slowly influence the Novus Ordo masses toward a hermeneutic of continuity. See here for the original article by the Ordinariate!
- Ad Gloriam Ecclesiae is the musings of a lay Catholic on various topics such as: Scripture, liturgy, apologetics, ecumenism and current affairs in the Catholic Church. All articles on this site are free and may be copied and disseminated for the glory of the Catholic Church.
- The Rad Trad on What About the Spiritual Abuse Scandal?
- Bernard Brandt on A Prayer for the Church in Exile
- The Rad Trad on Confusing Obedience with Legalism
- Pio on 2 Kings 12:3 On Modifying the Liturgy to the Culture
- The Rad Trad on 2 Kings 12:3 On Modifying the Liturgy to the Culture
- Pio on Denying the Validity of Vatican II Leads to Deism
- The Rad Trad on Denying the Validity of Vatican II Leads to Deism
- The Rad Trad on John Bergsma on how the Dead Sea Scrolls Settle Catholic vs. Protestant Debate
- The Rad Trad on Reflection on 1 Samuel 2:12-17, On Liturgical Abuse
- Pio on The Dillemma of God and Hell